Friday, July 3, 2009

Kota - Black Labrador Retriever Watercolor by Kellie Chasse



Kota was a challenge for me. I have painted a chocolate Lab and a yellow Lab before, but Kota is a Black Lab and her shading was more difficult to achieve. Of course...she is my dog so that in it's self makes it tough. I tried to capture spirit when she is at the "full attention intruder stage". She is a little over protective at times. I love this look though. Ready for the hunt!

Kota is eleven years old and weighs just under 100 pounds and is all muscle! She is a devoted and loving dog and we couldn't ask for a better family addition. We thank the Brunswick Coastal Human Society everyday. Thanks for letting us adopt Kota 10 years ago!

No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...