Friday, February 17, 2012

"Maine Wave" Reid State Park - Georgetown, Maine


KELLIE LYNN ART



"MAINE WAVE"
Reid State Park - Georgetown, Maine

5x7 Original Watercolor by Maine Artist, Kellie Chasse
Available at Wylers in Brunswick, Maine

This wave is located at Reids State Park in Georgetown, Maine.

I remember it like it was yesterday. It was a beautiful 70 degrees out in early September and the sun was shining down with  such warmth.  

 I waddled up onto the rocks with my extended belly and sat down, exhausted. The waves crashed below making a powerful sound. It was a crazy moment for me.... you know how sometimes it takes a while for things to really sink in? Well  I was 9 months pregnant , looking down at my round belly and had that BIG MOMENT! I realized my world was about to change forever, I was about to be a mom!  

Talk about a wave!

I seem to  have found a fascination with crashing waves. 

 This painting has some wonderful colors in the rocks...deep purples and reds.


No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...