Friday, April 18, 2014

Getting Fine Details with Alcohol Ink

You Can Detail AI Paintings 

 I've tried an Owl before with inks when I first started and it just didn't cut it. I've learned how to manipulate the inks better since first starting out with them in October of 2013.

With the help of a number of wonderful Ink artist's sharing wonderful tips and best practice's.....it's been a smoother transition than I thought!

How To Detail with Inks
With most of my work I use a fine watercolor brush to get these tiny lines. Pour a few drops of ink into a pallet or small dish and wait for a few minutes until the ink settles or thickens a bit. It's much easier to control the "explosion" of blur if the alcohol has evaporated slightly!

 

White is always the hardest to use with a brush. I found that I love using the Uni-ball' Signo gel pen in white.

 Heads up....The white doesn't always stay bright white, you can see where It's yellowed a bit, especially where you are going over an existing color numerous times.

Amazon: White Gel Pen

Happy Painting
~Kellie




https://www.etsy.com/listing/186646738/owl-bird-original-alcohol-ink-painting



Kellie Lynn Art Etsy Store - Hoot the Owl will be posted on here soon!
Follow me on Facebook

No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...