Sunday, December 28, 2014

Latest Commission Dog Portrait - Black Lab

Pet Art
 Watercolor/Gouache 10x10

Here's Nixon - a handsome looking brown eyed, soft, fury friend, black Lab. And may I state, doesn't this dog have the sweetest eyes! 

We lost our Black Lab Kota last year around this same time in December. She was 16 years old and we were very fortunate to have the chance to adopt her from the local Coastal Humane Society in Brunswick, Maine, Animal Shelter at the young age of 9 months old! 

She was very loved and is dearly missed, and each time I paint a black Lab it brings back such wonderful memories of her. Nixon is the second Black Labrador Retriever that I've painted since our loss, each time I hope to capture the love and sweetness of this breed that I remember in her. 

If you are a pet lover or know someone that is...you may be interested in having a Pet Portrait completed of your/their animal, you can find more information about it here.


Here's our Kota - The escape Artist - she was a bit dirty here....I remember this day well. She did her Houdini act and made her rounds in the neighborhood this day....her bandana was brand new before she left, lets just say it had a bit of mud here and there when she got back.

1 comment:

John said...

Thanks for sharing this information. It is very helpful for me.Click here

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...