Monday, December 19, 2016

Trying Out New Fluid Pouring Techniques




Back to my abstract side, this is my favorite type of creative painting I get to let loose!
Here I'm trying out a new technique using acrylic paints.


This is a fluid pour. I mixed up the colors of paint in a cup, added some acrylic medium and a little water - sorry no exact measurements (I'm like this when I bake too). Once the colors are poured I added some more layers of color and using Isoproply alcohol in a spray bottle to create more texture. I'm waiting for them to dry at the moment.



These are all on a size 8x8" clayboard.


 I will decide if they need a coat of resin on top.


I love the cells an lace affects I created by playing with different weights of paints and 
other additives.








No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...