Monday, December 4, 2017

Shipping your Resin Art Work - Do not let Bubble Wrap Touch it!




It's the big shipping season and I just did a post about my Print shipping process, I wanted to share with you something I just learned during a recent post on Facebook about shipping your Resin Art work. Big thanks to a fellow facebooker, Terry for saving me from a future disaster as I guess I have been lucky!

I have been storing and shipping my Art Resin pieces with these Foam sheets without problems, but....after posting how I ship my resin art pieces, someone was kind enough to share their experience with  petroleum based shipping products that left their resin art work with a marble imprint when they shipped. 

Resin can heat up even after it's cured and when it does anything that is touching it can leave marks, dents, or patterns when shipping (example bubble wrap). Sometimes those marks will go away and sometimes they won't. 


So I did a bit of research and found that Glassine Paper is the best for shipping directly against the cured Art resin piece.  Here's a video that Art Resin did last year that may help you decide.



Then you can use a foam sheet and I place a foam backer board on top for added protection and bubble warp that. 



Hope this post saves you some heartache!


1 comment:

Jeffrey F. Hadley said...

Nice post. Well, what can I say is that these is an interesting and very informative topic on Glassine

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...