Thursday, April 18, 2013

"Koi" Watercolor on 8x8 Clayboard



"Koi" 8x8 Watercolor on clayboard

Koi Fish are such beautiful creatures, and they can grow up to 2 feet long!
 In Japan the meaning behind a Koi Fish is that they bring good fortune and luck or perseverance in adversity and strength of purpose. 


I used a new watercolor canvas called

 This is the first time I have painted on Aquabord - and I found it extremely fun. Although....I'm such a horrible direction's reader. You are suppose to wet the board first to remove any air bubbles. I didn't...but I was lucky it turned out okay. I did wet the area I was painting before I layered in the paint, so that's probably why.



                                                                




LINKS:
Kellie Lynn Fine Art Gallery |Facebook | Twitter | Society6 | Fine Art America | PartyPainter

No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...