Friday, January 9, 2015

Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day Nine

"The Red Hoodie"
6x6 Oil on Deep Edge Canvas
$100





This is my first attempt with oil's doing a pet portrait - could really use the feedback on this one from you all. I'm so use of doing them in watercolor with "A LOT" of details and many many layers.

I decided to start with a small 6x6" canvas and I have to admit that I really had a blast with this! Much different with the oils...I used only 1 brush (challenging myself this 30 days) and used thick paint and larger strokes. Not as clean looking as watercolor but I'm kinda digging it.

I've painted "Mr Puck" before with watercolor....here's the difference.



He's just the cutest little "Star", thank you to Georgia for allowing me to paint him again!

No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...