Monday, May 15, 2017

My Mother's Day Gift - Plein Air Easel

Last Mother's Day my hubby purchased an easel for my plein air trips - I love it! I find it easy to set up on site, and it's fairly lightweight but sturdy. Oh and I picked up a clip on umbrella to go with it, I'll post the links for you below. 



I started off setting it up in my backyard to test the whole thing out and surprisingly it went very smoothly! The little clip was helpful for keeping the canvas in place, but I did have to touch up the area when I was finished. 



Now I use it all the time on location, here's a photo of me at Simpson Point out in Brunswick Maine with my Mother last fall.  I'm excited because it's just about time we headed back out again as the weather is going to be in the 70's this week, can't wait! 


I even use the easel for my Acrylic Paint Night events.  They have another one for Watercolor with a little kit to change them out from oil to watercolor. I've found that I use my oil one for all of them, and just bring a watercolor pallet and water instead of the oil jar. Easy!

Here are the Referral Links for the Easel and Umbrella Kit, if you want to check them out! 


No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...