Friday, January 18, 2013

VITAMIN "C" FIX - Daily Painting #17

 

"VITAMIN "C" FIX"

5x7 Watercolor/Gouache 


Day 17/30 of our Painting Challenge.

After spending so much time on the Blue Lobster this week I'm having a hard time squeezing in my daily painting. I didn't have to go far this morning for my inspiration though...it was sitting on my kitchen table. I thought this would be a great warm up for the day along with my Daily vitamin C fix!

I have painted a lot of fruit, but found this orange to be some what of a challenge for me.  To get the texture or denting in the peel was a hard feat to achieve and I am not quite sure that I completely grasped it. I have been staring at it for a while now and going to let it goes as is. I am happy with the shading and depth. Looks good enough to eat, and by the way....I did, again (Apple memories)!

DailyPaintWorks.com
Facebook -Kellie Lynn Art
Twitter - Kellie Lynn Art 
Society6
KellieLynnArtwatercolors
Pinterest 

1 comment:

Susan Belanger said...

Was drawn to your simple yet elegant still-life of orange. I am a painter who has not marketed myself in many years but do have a long fine art resume. I am from Maine & will be back there shortly. Your lobster painting also attracted me. Would be interested in casually corresponding re marketing and organizations, if you are from Maine or NE. Your name popped up so there must be some connection. I am very new at this Linked-In and am not sure whether it will serve me well or not. Thanks, Susan Belanger

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...