Monday, March 18, 2013

15 minute Painting - Quick Study

"Spot of Tea" - 15 Minute Quick Study
 
Funny me....not sure if all the artists do this, actually I'm pretty sure most of us don't. I post just about everything I paint whether I'm happy or not with it. Not all paintings are fabulous and ones that we are in love with right? So why do I post them? Because sometime not perfect is perfect for someone!
 
I've found it very comforting to hear other artist's feel that unsure feeling. Guess it's just ingrained in us. I know that I crave that positive creativity in my work.

 
We get caught up in the creation of a piece but sometimes on paper it isn't what we planned for it to be, but you know what? We paint, we have fun, and we leave our mark on the world...isn't that what its all about?

Today's challenge for me was to do a quick study, well I'm not really sure if you call it a quick study if you don't actually look at something to study. But in any case here it is...my spot of tea! Done without any references and you know what...that's not easy to do! It's great training for our brains!

Practice, Practice, Practice! 
 
"It takes at least 10,000 hours to get good at something"
 ~research by Ericsson
 

No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...