Monday, September 1, 2014

Thirty Paintings In 30 Days - Day 1

$300  12x12" Oil on Cavas




Starting off the 30 day painting challenge with an oil painting - the size is 12x12" and I think I'll go smaller for the rest of the challenge, including doing some watercolor and Alcohol Ink paintings. Once again I have no plan....it gives me the freedom to just paint with my mood.

Here is the original photograph taken at Reid State Park before you get to the beach. It's on the Todd's Point Road. I did some plein air painting there with my mother and our dear friend on Friday and it was the most perfect day all year. A breezy 77 degrees. I'm not looking forward to the winter at all. According to the Farmer's Almanac we are looking at another very cold and snowy winter.

Left is Shelby (Mom) and one the right is Carol Ann.


No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...