Tuesday, May 9, 2017

"Femininity" - Creating your own Alcohol Ink Blending Solution




"Femininity"  $125 - Free Shipping 


Original Painting 9x12" Alcohol Ink on Mineral Paper

PayPal.Me/KellieChasse/125



It's been raining here for what seems like weeks. April showers bring May flowers right. So today I really wanted to just play with colors and evoke some emotions with less stress about lines or steps.
I love the movement in this one and since Mothers Day is coming right up, I named this one "Femininity".  

What started this whole painting.....I've been excited to make my own Blending solution with Glycerin and 91% alcohol. My first attempt didn't make the grade because the glycerin would leave this funny moisture looking spots on my painting. I did some research and it appeared I had been using too much glycerin to Alcohol ratio. 



So this time I started small. I filled my new (watercolor)  Water coloring Brush Pens completely with 91% Isopropy Alcohol and then added just one drop of the glycerin. I"m using a food grade (USP Food Grade Glycerine) and shook it to mix well. It worked perfectly! It really blends the colors...you can see where I used the brush on the edges for that softness. I will be adding a Short Demo Video on my Youtube Channel.

I hope to create a new online Class for something similar with all the steps in the near future.
In the mean time you can view my 17 (Watercolor, Alcohol Ink, and a few Resin and Jewelry) Online Courses on my website: www.kelliechassefineart.com









No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...