Sunday, December 2, 2012

Client Request - Milkweed Blossom - SOLD


 Milkweed Blossom

SOLD

Simple Elegance, that's what I think of every time I look at this piece. The black background just pops the milkweed blossom off the paper. The client decided on a white mat and frame and I think it's a beautiful choice on this floral watercolor. Below is a picture of it framed.


I hung it up on my wall to take a picture of it, but as you may be able to tell the glass was left out so that I wouldn't get a major glare.

I used 
Winsor Newton Cotman Sketchers Pocket Box Set which is on sale currently for only $9.00 on amazon, and Winsor Newton Gouache 37ml Ivory Black

 to get a nice deep background color.

They currently have a nice
Winsor Newton Designers' Gouache - Primary Set of 6, 14 ml set
 of primary colors of gouache too. Makes a great gift set for the holidays!


No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...