Monday, April 22, 2013

Maine River Rocks - 8x8" On clayboard

 Maine River Rocks



My first step was to transfer my drawing to the Clayboard then I layered a first wash on the rocks. Had fun with the different colors.


  

After the first wash of colors were down I added in a few more layers of glazes and added some texture. 



Last step was to paint in the dark background and then add a water wash over the top with white goauche to give them an appearance of being underwater.

Materials Used:


LINKS:
Kellie Lynn Fine Art Gallery |Facebook | Twitter | Society6 | Fine Art America | PartyPainter 

No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...