Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Right Brain - Use your imagination in this fun watercolor style!

$60.00 + Shipping


Today's Daily Painting #44 (Year To Date 2013) was fun and unexpected. I was excited to video tape the progress and hope to put the video up once I get the editing done on it.
 
My first step was to use clear plastic wrap to create a fun and interesting design and then go from there.

It's never been a challenge for my brain to see something in the color patterns. You have to use your imagination or your right brain for this exercise. Look for a pattern in the colors. It may be difficult at first, but with practice you can get the hang of it.

I remember as a kid sitting down just starring at the wood panels on a wall.....if you looked at the knots in the pine you could see all kinds of interesting little things....eyes...creatures, fairy's....my imagination would go wild.

So try it out and use your favorite colors and see what you get. If you can't see anything...show a little one...they are really good at spotting things! Then start to paint them in.


No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...