Friday, September 13, 2013

"End Of Summer" 30 in 30 Day 13


I've been painting a number of great fall colors but as excited I am for the fall I realized that summer is coming to an end. It's sad, yet exciting at the same time.  Coastal Maine's summer has been either very hot and muggy or rainy this year, but really can't complain, since there were of course a number of Perfect with a capital P - days in between, especially here on the coast.


I kept thinking maybe it needs a boat in that ocean somewhere?
This painting started with darker shades of wet on wet but after a number of water downs....it developed.


 Really like the way the sky and reflections turned out, but maybe the trees are a bit to dark for the light and airy sky. It's trial and error isn't it. 

May try a similar style tomorrow, but with purples...you know how I LOVE purples!
Sorry,  didn't get pictures of the process because I was having to much fun playing with the squirt bottle, oh yeah I had water everywhere.

Really excited today...I'm meeting up with an artist friend of mine (first time in person) but we've been chatting like no tomorrow online! Going to do some plein air painting together.

Have a super day everyone!

No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...