Friday, October 25, 2013

Moody Deep Artist Today - My Mind At Work

Today was a frustrating painting day for me - but my mood came through my canvas eventually. You may love it, you may hate it, or you may just nothing it....but here is my mind at work. This was my process on just one painting...through many stages today.

Abstracts, when all fails, is my go to medium. I just love playing with the shapes and colors. I have to be in the mood for it but sometimes it just happens. It is a way to express your feeling, mood and emotion....the perfect outlet.

Today I felt like that moody deep artist....with something to prove to myself ! This was the kind of work I did about 7 years ago, before I started with watercolors.  For me acrylics are much easier to use than watercolor when creating abstracts. I like the way the acrylic brush strokes feel.... stronger  and bolder.

"PRISM"
8x8 Acrylic on Claybord with 2" Wooden Cradle.


 



Here are my progress steps during the day. Had a lot of fun with it, once I got past "TRYING" to paint the boat.

When I posted it on facebook I received the funniest comment... Comment: "Quite a journey... I'm guessing that dang boat got you pretty ticked!"  Me: "Looks a bit stressed huh? Should have named it CAN YOU FIND THE BOAT?"

What I started with, is definitely not what I had planned!

~Happy Painting! 



No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...