Monday, January 12, 2015

SOLD - Thirty Paintings in 30 Days - Day Twelve

"All About The Journey"
6x6 Oil on Deep Edge Canvas
SOLD

 I read a great quote  today -
"The only impossible journey, is the one you never begin." ~Anthony Robbins
Fit's me to a Tee - my journey is always taking me in different directions....in life and in art.

One of my favorite things about doing the 30in30 challenge is to use this time to experiment. The last one was with inks and this time more with oils. When I started painting, if you can believe it I only did abstract painting....I think that's why I like the inks and the more chunky style with the oils.

I love living here in Maine and the beach is one of my favorite spots to sit and reflect. Now when I was younger and thinner I would spend my time bathing in the sun getting my golden tan on...now I try to hit it later in the day or early in the morning when there is just me and the waves.

I've made a commitment to do more plein air painting this year, and plan to do a few of them right here in the sand. Maybe I'll find anther Sand dollar.

Where do you see your journey taking you this year?

No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...