Sunday, December 3, 2017

Jewelry Art TIP - Use Resin (NOT GLUE) to create Less Air Bubbles ( Bezels and Glass Cabochon)





I have heard from a number of students from my online Alcohol Ink Jewelry Course that air bubbles are a problem for them. This is something that can happen when you first start making pendants until you get the hang of it. It's that dreaded....they look great right now then a day later when it's dry you discover those silvery little buggers (you may know exactly what I mean) of air that trapped themselves hidden only to make their great escape 24 hours or so later. It's all about that seal. If you squeeze out too much glue it can suck the air back in or if you don't use enough glue to begin with. There are a number of scenarios that can happen to create these silver spots.





When I first started making pendants I used the glue but I've graduated and wanted to share with you what I now use! I LOVE using Art Resin for my bezel pendants with or with out Glass Cabochons because it has UV protection built in and my clients do not have to worry so much about getting the pendants wet because unlike glue resin is waterproof. Please note that some colors can fade when using resin, so I find it best to seal them first with a few light sprays of Kamar Varnish before I seal them with resin. If you choose to use Art Resin (there are many other 2 part epoxy brands to choose from) but Art resin has UV so you would not need to spray a coat of UV spray after Kamar.

TAG YOUR WORK OR POP OVER TO SAY HELLO - INSTAGRAM and FACEBOOK


I've created a short demo VIDEO of my process on my Youtube channel for you.

There is also a full list of the materials I used there under the comment section. In this video I'll show you how I use Art Resin in place of Glue for an easy more bubbles free approach to creating your own fashionable wearable art or to sell in your own shops or shows! If you haven't yet tried my online here are a few links to try the courses out at $12 US:  Alcohol Ink Jewelry Course or Resin Jewelry course . 

These Courses have LIFETIME ACCESS and they are go at your own pace. You can watch each part separately, pause, and rewind them. If you have questions months down the road just pop back into the course and watch it again. I will also do updates in some of the courses with new information. 




Make sure you are on my newsletter (SIGN UP HERE) so you will be the first to see the new Courses along with my NEW LAUNCH Coupons!
Check out the Alcohol Ink Art Society - loads of Alcohol Ink information there!





No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...