Thursday, August 11, 2022

My Mom illustrated a children's book about the 102 Year Old Lobster Lady!


Purchase the Children's Book Here


Just wanted to share some exciting news about my Mom today!


A few months ago, my mom, Shelby Crouse was approached by Author Barbara Walsh, to illustrate a  new children's book about Ginny Oliver, Maine's 102-Year-old Lobster Lady. She is currently heading out each day with her son (who is in his 70s) to haul lobster traps!
That is not an easy job.

I am just so proud of my mom's illustrations and hard work, and I knew you would be too. She is the reason that I found my passion for art.

Watch the interview with her and the author below. They made it on our local News Channel Show called 207! You can Watch the Video Here!



I snapped this photo while watching her finish up the last illustration (page 14) of the book. She is so proud, but this was just before she had to have a big surgery on her neck of all places.

She was so darn determined! ❤


Congratulations MOM!!

XOXO,

Kellie

No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...