Thursday, November 7, 2019

Let's Talk about Your Art Cards and Prints

Watch my Youtube Video
Excited to quickly share this with you before we dig into the card/prints.
I've joined up for this years ART BUNDLE and this week they are giving away a huge prize. The give a way is worth over $4000 in Art learning resources! It runs now until November 13th, so over here to check it out!


ENTER
When I first began painting it was hard to let go of my original art, you may know exactly what I mean, right? It wasn't quite time to make a number of costly prints because I was just starting out as an artist, and I did not have a place to sell my work in bulk, like in a retail setting, but I wanted to offer them up on Etsy, ebay, and to my friends and family at first.

After some research with Fine Art America , I downloaded a few of my favorites to test for my etsy orders.  It was a successful platform because they could ship, mat, and even frame my prints on metal, canvas, and even acrylic! I had some success with it, but if you are looking to expand and make more money with your art then working with a local printer in bulk is the way to go. Some will even have Digital designers that can work with you. 

Watch Video: How to download an image on FAA

Another great starting platform that is inexpensive to create your Christmas cards or promotional items, like your business cards, is an online company called Vista Print. Mind you that the colors may not be exact. Heads up, it can be a bit frustrating when placing your order with all the pop ups and options. Make sure to take your time and have your images ready when you sit down to place your order.

When you are ready to invest a bit more in your art and begin selling in larger quantities, check with your local printer company. I use A7 envelopes and Clear plastic sleeves for my cards. If you want to see how I package my prints for the holidays you can check out my Youtube Video here and under the description box is a list of the mat kits that I use.



No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...