Wednesday, February 1, 2012

ROOSTER - Bird with an attitude!

  Kellie Lynn ART


 $100 Framed 8x10

I decided to paint a Rooster today. Why?
My husband and I are sitting on the couch this morning with our coffee - thinking of the Turkey dinner soon to come. Yes the bird is in.....Somehow we got on the subject of raising chickens.
Larry (aka "Hubby") came across an article in Mother Earth News about how back in 1918 the government recommends that every family raise 2 chickens per person, and how that will keep a family with fresh eggs! We have a cat and I wasn't really sure if it would work for us, but what a fun thing to try. I hear they are very entertaining and, BONUS....they eat ticks and mosquitoes.
Here is a fun fact - Did you know there is such a thing as a Chicken Diaper! Yup....wow huh!
Our neighbors are planning on getting chickens this coming spring...maybe we'll see how it goes with them first (smile).
Best Regards,
Kellie Chasse
Co-Founder and Artist

No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...