Thursday, March 7, 2013

DownEaster Quick Study - Brunswick Station, Maine


   "Downeaster - Brunswick Station"


  11x14 Watercolor/Gouache on 140 Arches Cold Press

Daily Painting #39


After painting a lot of little details on the last painting Autumn Reflections,  I had to take a few days off from painting. Having those blahs...wishing the spring would come!

Decided to work on a quick study today of Brunswick Station. I'm listening to the train blow it's horn while I'm posting! I could definitely work more of the details on it! Different than my other work...the plan was to do a quick study - on this one getting only what I could get done in an hour. The front has a lot of details and shading with a detailed hitch in the front...lots of metal and shapes...so I opted to leave them out in this one.

Special thanks to one of my favorite Maine photographers,  Benjamin M. Williamson for the reference photo!


Happy Painting
~Kellie


*Make sure to sign up for my email newsletter  - I will be drawing one winner each month to win a FREE Print!
*Buy it now button it will take you to my Daily PaintWorks Gallery before completing the check out. 

LINKS:
DailyPaintWorks.com
Facebook -Kellie Lynn Art
Twitter - Kellie Lynn Art 
Society6 

Fine Art America 
KellieLynnArtwatercolors

No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...