ONLINE COURSES AVAILABLE

Sign Up for Newsletter for COUPONS, TIPS, and MORE!

Friday, February 7, 2014

Alcohol Ink Paintings On Ceramic Tiles


Well well well, look what else I found to paint on with inks! These are just basic 6x6" white glazed tiles that I picked up in hopes of them working with inks! They have a glossy surface, so my thinking was ...yeah it should work!

It worked SUPER, and I was really surprised to see that it was as easy to work with as using Yupo paper, which is very expensive. You do have to seal these first with a varnish and then a high gloss UV protection finish.



I opted to leave the backs plain for now...but added little felt circles on the back to prevent them from scratching any surface. Another AI Artist suggested that I try cork backings or frames. Thought that was a great idea, so I ordered some sample wooden tile frames this week - I have a feeling I'm really going to like them. I'll post a picture when they come in!

Original Hand Painted Ceramic Tiles

More colors available
https://www.etsy.com/listing/178577132/hand-painted-original-dragon-fly-tile

https://www.etsy.com/listing/178577132/hand-painted-original-dragon-fly-tile

Post a Comment