Friday, February 7, 2014

Alcohol Ink Paintings On Ceramic Tiles

***UPDATE BELOW

Well well well, look what else I found to paint on with inks! These are just basic 6x6" white glazed tiles that I picked up in hopes of them working with inks! They have a glossy surface, so my thinking was ...yeah it should work!

It worked SUPER, and I was really surprised to see that it was as easy to work with as using Yupo paper, which is very expensive. You do have to seal these first with a varnish and then a high gloss UV protection finish.



I opted to leave the backs plain for now...but added little felt circles on the back to prevent them from scratching any surface. Another AI Artist suggested that I try cork backings or frames. Thought that was a great idea, so I ordered some sample wooden tile frames this week - I have a feeling I'm really going to like them. I'll post a picture when they come in!

Original Hand Painted Ceramic Tiles


***8/17 Update: Check out my newest blog post, I've started using RESIN, Seals, protects from water, can use hot cups 120F,  Has built in UV protection. Testing it now and the results so far have been FAB!


More colors available
https://www.etsy.com/listing/178577132/hand-painted-original-dragon-fly-tile

https://www.etsy.com/listing/178577132/hand-painted-original-dragon-fly-tile

No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...