Wednesday, August 20, 2014

"Special Place" Loss of a Dad - Reid State Park, Maine

I lost my dad when I was only 24 years old to lung cancer, so this particular commission painting was very close to my heart.

 

This client spent lots of family time right here looking out over this
very bridge at Reid State Park in Georgetown, Maine with her dad. She lost him just recently and wanted this painting done
as a wonderful reminder of him.

 
I was extremely honored to be able to paint this for her and I have to say that I choked up a bit while painting it.

 Original reference photograph taken by the Client 

 "It's the picture I took the same day we spread his ashes, so it holds true meaning to me.
 

No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...