Monday, January 5, 2015

Personal Goals 2015



Looking back on 2014, it was an amazing year! I pulled together a little video of just a few of my favorite pieces that sold this past year. I am excited to share it was my best year for sales, marketing and growth as an artist.

I really pushed myself to step out of my comfort zone and managed to get into local shops and venues with my original work as well as learning photoshop which allowed me to add prints and cards. I found myself working in some new mediums and learned to experiment without fear of making a mistake.

One of my favorite things about 2014 was teaching classes in new venues such as Adult Education, Joanns, Craftmaina, and the Seadog! Sharing what I do and seeing others learn and grow is very special to me. I think the arts are a very important part of our lives and as we grow up from childhood a lot of folks loose that experience. We all live in a very busy world full of "have too's". I think more of us should take a little time for ourselves and get creative. You would be a better person for it! I don't know how many times I've had people tell me that during my classes for those 2 hours, they  thought about nothing but the painting! They relaxed and enjoyed some "ME" time.  It's good for the soul!
 
I'm tossing it out there for all to see.....My goals for 2015 - A smart man told me that I should write them down (thanks honey) - so here it goes! I'll shoot for 10!

1. As a self taught artist I've been talking about taking some art classes. I would love to travel and take a class from an artist that I admire!

2. Continue to get healthier and make sure to take care of myself.

3. Focus on organizing my art in our small family space.

4. Take time to read at least a book a month.

5. Continue to follow a budget and use more coupons.

6. Develop more relationships with small businesses and add at least 3 more venues this year for my art.

7. Would like to complete at least 4 videos, either demo's or "how to video's".

8. Go plein air painting at least 5 times.


9. Continue focus on doing more larger scaled paintings.

10. Work with my husband Larry and get a website up and running were I can organize my works
and have a "go to place" for everything including classes and available art.


Happy Painting~ Kellie

No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...