Monday, April 27, 2015

Challenge accepted ~ Re-creating an Oil Painting with Watercolors!


I had a lot of fun attempting to re-create my original Oil painting from last week with watercolors!


24"x24" Oil on Gallery wrapped Canvas
"On The Rocks"
$650







 
Watercolor - 11x14"
"On The Rocks II"
$325





The biggest difference and challenge for me re-creating with watercolors/gouache would be the details in the rocks.

The original Oil painting rocks were created using a palette knife and I was able to get a lot of
depth with the using black, but with watercolors it was duller an needed more details, so I added the
yellow ochre, and Titanium white (gouache) and worked in some dry brushing.


Kellie Chasse,
KellieChasse@gmail.com
(207) 241-0086

No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...