Tuesday, June 6, 2017

Turn your paintings into a Flag!


I was playing around with Photoshop and one of my alcohol Ink paintings and I thought this would make a lovely Flag, but then I couldn't find a place that could do it until now.


I found a site called Gifts For You Now - now mind you I haven't ordered it yet, but after looking at the reviews it looks like it's a solid flag. Here is the information if you would like to try it out and please post a photo or email me, I would love to see yours and hear what you think!

If you are new to alcohol Inks and don't know what this AMAZING colorful medium is then please check out my online classes...but I"ll warn you, they are addicting! I currently have over 1600 student online plus I've taught thousands in Live classes. The online classes are step by step, you have lifetime access, and you can watch them at your own pace, and they are broken down in easy to follow steps.

Here is a list of Alcohol Ink materials to get you started in one of my classes:

  • Ranger Alcohol Ink - They come in packages of 3 or single.
  • Yupo Paper: White 74lbs or higher - size in demo is (5x7") - Again feel free to go bigger. Just note that your materials may need to adjusted.
  • Backer Board or something to tape down the paper on.
  • Mat (optional) (You can also purchase the Full kits with Backer/Mat/Clear Sleeve
  • Blue painters tape or masking tape
  • White Gel Pen (I use Signo made by Uni Ball) Sometimes your colors will tint the white. Best to wait until the ink is fully dry. (See demo video Here).
  • Black Sharpie or Chameleon Pen.
  • 91% Isopropyl Alcohol
  • Small detail brush (Size 0 or 1)
  • Mixing Tray, paper plate, or tile to mix colors on
  • 2 Small Containers for Alcohol (one clean, one dirty)
  • Paper Towels
  • Gloves
  • Apron



No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...