Tuesday, March 27, 2018

How to Create an Alcohol Ink Abstract FX Casting Resin | Countertop Epoxy




Learn to how to Create a super Cool abstract painting using FX casting Resin by Counter Top Epoxy with Kellie Chasse!
Big thanks to Counter Top Epoxy for sending me all these goodies including all of these yummy metallic powder colors! Since I have never used this brand I was really excited to try it out and see how it works compared to other resins I've used in some Alcohol Ink projects. 
So this TUESDAYS VIDEO you can watch my entire creation process of this painting on glass. I started out by taping up the edges of the glass with blue painters tape.  If you try this make sure to tape the underneath of the painting so that the drips will not attach to the underside. This pour was going to be a bit thicker, (1/8" on top of the glass). According to them you can actually go up to 1" pour with this brand. That was very impressive, since other brands recommend up to a 1/8". I think next time I'll try using the Aluminum tape and build up the wall higher on some plexiglass...stay tuned for that one!

Once the sides got taped, I mixed my resin per instructions. Then the fun began! It was great trying almost every material I could. I wanted to see how they each reacted with the resin. I have to say that I was very impressed with FX Casting Resin. The only downfall was having to mix it for another 4 minutes in another container. Other than that it's super hard, shiny, and gorgeous!

Check out our Youtube Channels for more projects as well as links to products used in the video!
Watch the Full Video Here: Kellie Chasse's Channel

Make sure to leave me a comment letting me know you stopped by our channels! 
You can find all my LINKS HERE!
Have a great Tuesday! ;) 
Happy Painting,
Kell

No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...