Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Grasshopper ~ Started a New Painting 22x15"



Started a new insect painting on Monday that I'm really excited about. Sometimes I wonder why I chose my objects...they seem to jump out at me and usually it's the bright colors and lines, not necessarily the object itself.





Have you ever really looked at a Grasshopper closely? Some folks were like EWE- bugs, but I find the details in his body incredible!  I knew this one would be a challenge with all the texture and color variations, but who doesn't love a challenge!  

We will be moving into our new tiny home this weekend, I'm talking beds and everything! So I hope to get things back in order and by the end of the month I'll be painting daily again. (fingers crossed). 

Maine...the way life should be! 
Feel free to check on one of my completed paintings of Boothbay Harbor - Sailing.



LINKS:
Kellie Lynn Fine Art Gallery |Facebook | Twitter | Society6 | Fine Art America | PartyPainter 

No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...