Monday, May 29, 2017

"Emerge"




"Emerge" 
Alcohol Ink on Mineral Paper
Size: 9x12"

I am so excited to share that I just received confirmation that I have been chosen to SOLO Exhibit my work for the entire summer at The Footlights Theatre in Falmouth, Maine!
Special thanks to my dear friend and artist Bonnie for sending me the information. <3 font="">

Here's my note I just received: 


"Hello Kellie- Congratulations!

Well, with over 30 entries for consideration, we would love to have you "take over" the entire theatre lobby with your fabulous art work. When is the earliest you could hang your work? We have a show coming in on the 2nd of June for that weekend, then we resume our current show thru the 15th of June, followed by the opening of our summer show on the 27th of June thru August 31st. Plus we have a multitude of events throughout the summer." 

I'll be making a visit there next week to see the space and get things going. Unfortunately I don't have a lot of time to before I set up, so I've been painting all weekend long.  Just when you feel that you have enough art!

So I"m calling this one "emerged", as I have emerged from the Maine's winter snow and ice into spring! The trees are blooming, the birds are singing, and my bird feeder is full with many new visitor.  Let the painting and preparations begin!
Since they would like colors - as it is a theater, I"m opening up my abstract side. I'll be showing some of my newest resin pieces as well as the alcohol Inks. I'll be ordering the Larger Art Resin today in hopes to get it soon as I'll be using up my new gallon jug!  

I will be scheduling an Artist reception soon and I'm looking forward to seeing so many folks that have been in hibernation. We are like little bears here in Maine. 

For the painting above I used a white gel pen and an air compressor. You can find out more information about the compressor on my past blog post



MEMORIAL DAY SAVINGS 

All Online Alcohol Ink, Watercolor, and Resin courses are on sale for $12 until May 31st!

Email Newsletter - Sign Up for COURSE COUPONS








No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...