Monday, February 25, 2013

"Magical Place" Birch Trees A Favorite Subject

 

  "Magical Place"

22 x 15" Watercolor/Gouache

Birch trees are one of my favorite subjects to paint. I wanted to feel the magic of the sunshine and the joyful happiness that the Maine forest brings to my heart.  It's so peaceful here in the woods and I hope it gives you that same feeling when you look at it.

Change of mood here and I hate to be negative but thought I would share my thoughts with you on this .....On a crappy note, I used a masque called Fineline and I was not happy with this brand at all. It seemed very, VERY hard to remove.

If you can picture it...I was sitting at my studio table for like hours...my poor little fingers were almost raw because I couldn't use my eraser without leaving most of it behind on my paper! My new eraser works great to remove pencil but this one did not take off the masque.

Note to self...buy a new bottle but pick a different brand.

In the end though, I was super happy with the way the painting turned out. It's another larger piece for me. Since the January 30 day challenge that Leslie Saeta put on...I am working my way up from my comfort zone of smaller 5x7 and 8x10 works.

Like to see more of my Art, here are a list of links below: Thanks for taking the time to look!

DailyPaintWorks.com
Fine Art America - Kellie Chasse Art
Facebook -Kellie Lynn Art
Twitter - Kellie Lynn Art 
Society6 
KellieLynnArtwatercolors
Pinterest 

3 comments:

Mermaid Sue said...

I haven't used that brand, but I feel your pain. I masked a painting a couple of years ago that literally blistered my fingers getting the mask off (Incredible WHite Mask by Grafix). Does ANYONE have a favorite that isn't a nightmare?

Kellie Chasse said...

Sorry...you had the same problem! Great question - I had a good one that I used up, it was orange...and I tossed the bottle a while ago and can not for the life of me remember what brand it was.

Mermaid Sue said...

I too had one I liked a long time ago, but same thing, the bottle's long gone and I simply don't remember what it was.
I started thinking maybe it was the paper (hot press arches) but then it did the same thing on cold press. It would really be a handy thing to be able to use it.

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...