Monday, October 28, 2013

How to Make A Snowman bookmark




I loved painting each one of these little guys...they make for the perfect stocking stuffer! They each have their own unique little face with a smile! I love to read a good paperback and just like the smell and feel of holding a real book. You can just never have enough bookmarks!

So here is how I made them!

First tape down  your paper and separate each bookmark shape - I like to put a 1/4" border around mine.

Then I pencil in my snowman shapes.

 Using Black gouache paint I painted my backgrounds.

Once the backgrounds are dried I put in the faces and orange carrot nose.

Using White gouache and a small brush I add snow to the tops of the nose and head and then take a  wet toothbrush,  splatter the snow flakes.

Remove the tape once they are dry.

Trim and cut them separately. It's okay that no two are exact - that what makes them hand made!

Then just pop in a hole punch at the top and pull a ribbon through!


Then package them up for the holidays!
Plastic Cello Bags (Referral Link)


No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...