Wednesday, May 21, 2014

"Summer Moonlight" Ominous Moon Oil Painting

Sometimes the moon can look a bit ominous and therefore it makes people think "scary" so with my painting I wanted to make it a warmer happy feeling so I added some lighter and rich tones of purples and yellows.

"Summer Moonlight" 22x28 Oil Painting






I loved the background so much I was tempted to stop here!

 Photo reference 

The other night I was out with my dog Primm for her last outing just before bedtime and when I stepped outside the door I found this! The moon was so bright and inspiring,  I had to run back inside and grab my camera! Managed to snap this shot just in time before the clouds covered it fully!

No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...