Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Free Demo on Youtube - Acrylic Painting Busy Bee



Here's a painting I recently did for a fundraiser. Since I don't have an acrylic course set up online yet I was curious if there was some interest out there for some? 

I would love to have you follow along and paint with me. I've added some text for you to follow along, and some music, but feel free to turn it off or down if you feel it distracts you. Some parts have been sped up as not to bore you with repetitive strokes, but I think you'll get the idea! 

FREE Demo (Link Below - oh and Don't forget to click the SUBSCRIBE button)!  

I'll cover all the materials in the video and I've added a Material List with links for you below. Remember feel free to choose your own color pallet, and if you have other acrylic paints, brushes, or smaller canvas those will work. 


Creating the petals to the flowers is easier than you may think. You can see that my base is painted in with purples but when I add the white see how the brush strokes change down in the front going horizontal instead of vertical. That will give the appearance of your petals turning upwards. 

Here is what you'll need to get started.


Busy Bee Acrylic Painting Materials:


  • Brushes - Large Flat 1" and Small Flat 1/4" plus a small round size 3 detail brush with a point.
  • Acrylic Paints - Colors Purple, White, Black, and Yellow.
  • Easel - optional (I worked with a flat canvas).
  • Mixing Tray or  paper plate for paints
  • 1 container for water to clean brushes
  • Paper Towels
  • Gloves
  • Apron

 Sign up for my Email Newsletter for Coupons and up to date information on New Classes!
I would love for you to say Hello On Facebook or Instagram and post your Painting on Social Media using #kcfacourse  (So all students can see your work). 

Enjoy and most of all HAVE FUN! 
Kellie


No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...