Friday, March 1, 2013

Painting Number 38 "Autumn Reflections"

   "Autumn Reflections"

  11 x 14 Watercolor/Gouache on 140 Arches Cold Press

Just want you all to know that I was so scared to show you all the original photograph! As I'm creating the post (such a typical thing I hope) I'm analyzing the painting more and seeing a few more things I could change. But I am going to leave it alone, I promise! 

I wanted to step out side of my comfort zone with a few larger paintings this year and Autumn reflections was a challenge for me. Not only is the size larger than my norm, but there is a lot going on in this one. When I first looked at the photograph I had no idea how difficult it would be to achieve the look I wanted. Took me longer than what was anticipated, but very happy with the outcome.
 


My cousin Valerie sent me the original photograph via Facebook. She thought it might be  something that I would enjoy painting - Thanks Valerie....you were so right! I love it when folks send me interesting pictures!
 
 ORIGINAL PHOTOGRAPH BY CANDI


So here's the original photograph taken by Candi at the Tower Hill Botanic Garden in Boylston, MA. She certainly has an eye! This is just so cool! Love the warm reflections in the water. You can see the leaves drifting along..no care in the world.



I'm off to drift along and enjoy my family time.......enjoy your weekend everyone!


 
~Kellie


*Make sure to sign up for my email newsletter  - I will be drawing one winner each month to win a FREE Print!
*Buy it now button it will take you to my Daily PaintWorks Gallery before completing the check out. 

LINKS:
DailyPaintWorks.com
Facebook -Kellie Lynn Art
Twitter - Kellie Lynn Art 
Society6 

Fine Art America 
KellieLynnArtwatercolors

No comments:

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...