Thursday, March 21, 2013

"THE CARDINAL" - SOLD

 

  "THE CARDINAL" 

SOLD


  5x7 Watercolor/Gouache on 140 Arches Cold Press

Daily Painting #42

Always playing with paints and styles even after 20 years...guess it never gets old with me. This is a looser style painting. I lightly sketched in the Cardinal and used a very wet on wet technique on the outside of the bird first.

This kind of painting is very fun for me....love freedom and lack of restriction it gives me. I'm free to explore and play...just like a kid.

Once the background was done I started some detailing on the bird. Here comes my problem...I like details and find it hard to just leave it alone...think you may of heard me say this before if you have been reading my blog for a little while now.

A big thank you to a fellow artist Karl from Watercolor Journal. We chatted a bit on facebook yesterday and I just love his style.....he encouraged me to give it a try!


Happy Painting
~Kellie


*Make sure to sign up for my email newsletter  - I will be drawing one winner each month to win a FREE Print!
*Buy it now button it will take you to my Daily PaintWorks Gallery before completing the check out. 

LINKS:
DailyPaintWorks.com
Facebook -Kellie Lynn Art
Twitter - Kellie Lynn Art 
Society6 

Fine Art America 
KellieLynnArtwatercolors

1 comment:

Wendy Barrett said...

Hi Kellie,
I've just discovered your lovely blog. I love this cardinal painting - so pretty and original. I have become very enamoured of these birds since seeing them on so many painting blogs. We don't have them in our part of the world.

My Top 10 Gift Ideas for Watercolor Artists

It's hard to believe that we are heading into the holiday season again, but it will be nice to decorate and relax with your family and f...